Facilitators – Jason Meyer and Christopher Hanlon
The leap into parenthood is quite the ride, and it is true that you no words can describe the joys of becoming a dad…or the emotional roller coaster you are about to board!
We were inspired to start empowering new dad’s by exploring how becoming a father can impact our values & beliefs, relationships, physical health and work. In much the same way that prenatal birth classes are about minimizing trauma for women being initiated into motherhood, this 4 week course is designed for dad’s-to-be (and recent dad’s for that matter) to proactively look at the changes occurring in their life. We explore what SELFcare looks like as a new dad, why It is important and provide real life tools to help you build your capacity.
Over the course we explore topics such as:
- What does it mean to be a modern day dad?
- Epigenetics and the importance of creating a coherent environment for mom and baby in utero.
- Assessing our values and how they may change with a family.
- Self Care - The key to conscious parenting.
- The Art of listening.
- Stepping into the unknown and the importance of community.
And much more...